Your mind has the potential to make you the shape and size you want to be.
But it can also do an eye-wateringly good job of sabotaging your healthy intentions.
Yes, it’s admirable to buy the gym subscription, and read every healthy eating article you can lay your hot little hands on. Go hard if you want: rote learn the calorie content of every morsel that passes your lips.
But all of that will be of little use if you do not also learn to master your own mind.
We’ve all been there…..yes or yes?
You desperately want to lose weight ….but:
– “I just can’t stop my cravings for chocolate, sweets, or other ‘bad’ foods.”
– “I know I need to move my body more but I just can’t seem to get motivated.”
– “I know cheese + mince pies aren’t widely acknowledged as being nutritionally complete but I can’t seem to make healthier choices.”
And that little voice just chats away in your head, doesn’t it? “Seeeeeeee, I toldddddddd you …. you’ll NEVER be the shape you want to be!!!!” as you make a beeline to the biscuit tin.
All is not lost, darling.
It’s not over until it’s over.
You’re still above ground, right?!
You’ve still got time to change.
But – before you can hope to change your body – you must first be aware that it’s your head that’s stopping you from losing weight.
So, have you got a fat head?!
If you struggle with your weight or are tired of the on-off-on frustration of dieting, here are 8 sure signs it’s your head keeping you overweight.
1. You know HOW to live a healthy lifestyle …. but…. well…. you just don’t DO it, even though you’re desperate to have this monkey off your back for good.
2. You can’t seem to stay consistent with healthy actions for an extended period of time.
3. It’s like there’s a tug-of-war battling away inside you. This battle is between the part of you that wants to lose weight and the part of you that fights it. And darn it, it’s the fighting part that always wins as you overeat and avoid exercise.
4. You simply can’t imagine ever having a struggle-free and easy relationship with food or your weight.
5. You continue to do the same things over and over, getting the same results – that you do not like – and you tell yourself “maybe, hopefully, someday ‘things will change”’.
6. You refuse to get the help of a professional because you think you should be able to ‘sort it out’ on your own.
7. You consistently search for and collect food and exercise and motivation tips while ignoring where 95% of the problem really is – the part between your beautiful ears that stops you from taking action with those tips!
8. You don’t like the reflection you see in the mirror and feel hopeless to do anything about changing it.
The bottom line is this…
If you’re unhappy with your weight – and you’re not getting the results you seek – there’s something going on in your unconscious mind preventing you from being your happy, healthy weight.
And no amount of dieting can remedy that.
If you’re sitting there thinking “I just need to harden up and sort it out”, know this. If you could ‘sort it out alone’, you’d have done it by now…….right?!
But what if you were to ditch your fat head and get a weight loss mindset?
Imagine that sweetheart…
Love etc, Avril
PS: Real permanent change can be challenging. If you’re struggling and you’re really really ready to be your happy weight, hypnotherapy can help you release your unconscious barriers so you can be the shape and size you choose to be. Ooh la la…